3. Dr. P. Shome – Income or Consumption Tax?, 4th Asia-Pacific Regional Tax Conference, International Fiscal Association (IFA), 19-20th April,2018, Taipei,Taiwan.
4. Dr. P. Shome – Biannual Graduation Event, Advanced Diploma of International Taxation (ADIT), Chartered Institute of Taxation (CIOT), 3rd May,2018, London.
5. Dr. P. Shome – Multilateral Instrument (MLI): An Indian Perspective, 4th IBFD Africa Tax Symposium, 9-11th May,2018, Mombasa, Kenya.
6. Dr. P. Shome – Treaty Abuse: Analysis and Domestic Legislation on GAAR in India, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies (IALS), 16th May,2018, London.
7. P. Shome – Theory and Investigation: Empirics Strikes Back,Young Presidents of India, 24th July, 2018, Chennai.
8. P. Shome – Goods and Services Tax & Tax Administration, National Academy of Customs, Indirect Taxes and Narcotics (NACIN), 16th August, 2018, Faridabad.
9. Book launch of ITRAF’s third title, Challenges in Domestic and International Taxation: Emerging India Experience, edited by Dr. Parthasarathi Shome with a Foreword by Philip Baker, QC, from OakBridge Publishers, New Delhi, at the TaxSutra Conclave, 12th October 2018.
The book was launched amidst an audience of over 200 delegates. The book was unveiled by Mr. N Venkataraman, Senior Advocate, Mr. Ajay Vohra, Senior Advocate, Mr. Amarjeet Singh, KPMG India, Mr P V Srinivasan, PVS Advisors, and Saurabh Bhattacharya, PWC. Arun Giri, Ameya Kunte and Vijay Chand from TaxSutra, Shreesh Chandra and Vikesh Dhyani from Oakbridge also joined the dignitaries on the dais and participated in the unveiling of the book. The first copy of the unveiled book was presented by Arun to Grace Perez Navarro, OECD. Arun and Shreesh spoke about the high quality research and analytical papers contained in the book and Arun read out the chapter headings for the audience to get an impression of the topics the book contained. Dr Shome was missed and, despite his instruction to not make a mention, everyone present wished him on his Birthday from the launch platform.
10. P. Shome – Relevance of Tax Reform on Business Decisions, Beyond Tax Policy, Joint Conference of ITRAF and Forum on Economic and Fiscal Policy (FEFP), 26th October, 2018, Amsterdam.
11. TV Mohandas Pai – India@2030, How Tech Entrepreneurs will Create a 10Tr$ Economy, ITRAF-FEFP Conference, 26th October, 2018, Amsterdam.
12. Suresh Senapatty – Macroeconomic Policy and Taxation – The Inter-linkages, ITRAF-FEFP Conference, 26th October, 2018, Amsterdam.
13. S. Krishnan – Taxation of the Economics of the Global Delivery Model followed by Technology Companies, ITRAF-FEFP Conference, 26th October, 2018, Amsterdam.
14. Saurav Bhattacharya – Offshore Indirect Transfers, ITRAF-FEFP Conference, 26th October, 2018, Amsterdam.
Participants of Tax Policy conference held in Amsterdam on 26th October, 2018.
Dr. Parthasarathi Shome, Chairman ITRAF with Mrs. Belema Obuoforibo, Board Member IBFD and Dr. Ramon Dwarkasing, Chairman FEFP.
Prof. Dr. Stef van Weeghel, PWC Global Tax Policy Leader and Prof. University of Amsterdam.
Suresh C. Senapaty , Board Member ITRAF with Dr. Ramon Dwarkasing, Chairman FEFP.
T V Mohandas Pai , Board Member ITRAF.
Sadavishan Khrisnan, Member ITRAF.
Saurav Bhattacharya, PWC and Member ITRAF Research Participants.
Mr. Rajesh Ramloll, Dep. Sollicitor-General, Mauritius.
15. Dr. P. Shome – BEPS and Beyond BEPS : Recent Global Developments Post Ratification of Multilateral Instrument (MLI), Foundation for International Taxation (FIT), 6th – 8th December, 2018, Mumbai.
(i) International Taxation: Resilience or Decline of Multilateral Instrument
(ii) International Taxation: The Economic and Legal Interface
1. Dr. P. Shome- “Budget and Beyond. What Next for Indian Economy” – Budget Discussion Harvard Business School Alumni Club, 23th February, 2017, Bangalore.
2. Dr. P. Shome- “Reflections on the FY18 Union Budget” – Madras Institute of Development Studies (MIDS), 27th February, 2017, Chennai.
3. Dr. P. Shome- “International Tax Conference on Changed Paradigm of Tax Bases and Tax Administration” – Bangalore Chamber of Industry and Commerce (BCIC), 3th and 4th March, 2017, Bangalore.
4. Dr. P. Shome- “Gearing up to GAAR-The New Regime” – The Society of Auditors, The Chartered Accountants Study Circle, 11th March, 2017, Chennai.
5. Dr. P. Shome- “Book Release” – Development and Taxation: 60 Critical Commentaries,By Parthasarathi Shome, ASSOCHAM, 17th March, 2017, New Delhi.
6. Dr. P. Shome- “India and the OECD BEPS agenda” – Deloitte, 20th March, 2017, Mumbai.
7. Dr. P. Shome- “Panel Discussion on GAAR and PoEM” – PricewaterhouseCoopers, 23th March, 2017, Bangalore.
8. Dr. P. Shome – “Recent Tax Reforms and the Road Ahead- An Analytical View” – Merchants Chamber of Commerce and Industry (MCCI), 7th April, 2017, Kolkata.
9. Dr. P. Shome- “Taxation & Financial Reforms in India” – Bangalore International Centre (BIC), 26th April, 2017, Bangalore.
10. Dr. P. Shome- “Transparency and the Brave New World of Information Exchange” – TAXAND, 4-5th May, 2017, Germany.
11. Dr. P. Shome – Implementation of BEPS : Role of Multilateral Instrument (MLI) and other BEPS Approaches, Foundation for International Taxation ,
7th – 9th December , 2017, Mumbai.
12. Dr. P. Shome – 25th Anniversary Board of Directors Meeting – ITIC, 9th – 10th November, 2017, London.
1. Dr. P. Shome- “Beyond Tax Policy” – The Forum on Economic and Fiscal Policy- Royal Tropical Institute, 13th May, 2016, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
2. K.R. Girish – “Emerging business model post BEPS” – ICAI International Tax Conference, April, 2016, Mumbai.
3. Dr. P. Shome – “Group of G20” – ITIC Diplomatic Dialogue Luncheon for Asia, House of Lords, 10thMarch,2016, London.
4. Dr. P. Shome – “Board of Directors Briefing and Dinner” – ITIC, 31st October, 2016, London.
5. Dr. P. Shome – Conferencia “Transformacion tributaria en India, simplificacion”– CESICAM, University of Externado of Colombia, 3rdOctober, 2016, Bogota, Colombia.